Quick, easy, and delicious 3(ish) ingredient vegan spaghetti bolognese recipe 🍝. We're venturing beyond just Asian recipes to show how versatile this Chinese sauce is! After all, there is no dish or cuisine where umami doesn't have a place at the table 🤤 and let's be honest pastas are cousins of Asian noodles anyway 😅. Check out the MVP of this dish, our Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 serving of pasta of your choice
- 3-5 tomatoes
- Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce
Prepping & Cooking Instructions:
- Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil
- Add your pasta in and cook until almost al dente
- While your pasta cooks, dice your tomatoes
- Heat up an oiled pan and add your tomatoes in
- Cook until tomatoes are soft. Tip: covering the pan with a lid helps them retain moisture and become more sauce-y
- As your pasta is almost done cooking and your tomatoes are softening, add about half a cup of pasta water into your tomato sauce
- Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce (depending on flavor preferences and how much TVP crumbles you want in the dish) to your tomato sauce and mix
- About a minute or two before your pasta become al dente, transfer the pasta into the sauce to finish cooking. Add more pasta water if there isn't enough sauce to cook in.
- Optional - add herbs of your choice
- Once the pasta is al dente (or at a texture you like) and the sauce reduced, your dish is done. Transfer to a dish or eat straight from the pan - up to you!