This is the easiest and fastest one pot vegan Zha Jiang noodle recipe using just Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce and Noodelist Bold & Juicy Shiitake Instant Noodles with some carrots and cucumbers to top off the dish. The Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce and Noodelist soup base powder are packed full of flavor from healthy natural ingredients that come together perfectly as a delicious Zha Jiang sauce while the mushrooms and TVP crumbles accurately resemble the tender ground meat usually cooked into Zha Jiang sauces.
Despite being an instant noodle recipe, this dish is incredibly healthy. Despite being healthy, this dish is still oh so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pack of Noodelist Bold & Juicy Shiitake Instant Noodles
- Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce
Prepping & Cooking Instructions:
- Cut carrots and cucumbers into strips of about 3 inches in length and 1/8th to 1/4th inch in width
- Pour about half a pack of the Noodelist Bold & Juicy Shiitake Instant Noodles soup base powder into a pan (you can put more in depending on your preferred flavors)
- Pour about 1 cup of water into the pan (you can go over 1 cup but we would not recommend going too far below 1 cup)
- Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of Vegan Mushroom Toon Sauce (depending on flavor preferences and how much TVP crumbles you want in the dish)
- Mix and bring to a boil
- Add the noodles from your pack of Noodelist Bold & Juicy Shiitake Instant Noodles
- Make sure you mix the noodles as they soften so that they cook evenly in the sauce
- Once the noodles are soft and the sauce reduced, pour your noodles into a bowl while making sure you get all the mushrooms and soy protein crumbles
- Top it off with carrot and cucumber strips and enjoy!